Say that five times fast.
Then enjoy this wonderfully dense, rich, decedent and beautiful torte.
This post is a little bit late however, it is defnitely not worth forgetting about it. I made this cake for a very lovely father in my life and had a piece for myself and my own father who I did not get to see, since he lives in LA. However, New Zealand sure brought all the fathers a beautiful spring day and the fathers that I saw, got to also enjoy this cake.
Chocolate Hazelnut Raspberry Chia Coconut Torte
(Refined Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Paleo, Dairy Free)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, or berries of your choice
- 1/4 cup agave (or honey)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 5 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp of Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essense
- 1 handful of roasted hazelnuts sliced in half
Chocolate Hazelnut Espresso Icing
- 150 grams of 72% pure organic dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of hazelnut infused instant coffee
- 2 tbsp almond/ rice/ soy milk
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C and grease or line a cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a small saucepan on low heat, melt together the extra virgin coconut oil, and honey. Set aside to cool.
3. In another small saucepan on low heat, mix raspberries with a splash of water and allow berries to melt but not come to a boil. Add in chia seeds and your vanilla essence.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients, including the raspberries, coconut oil and agave. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour the batter in to the prepared cake tin, then bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean once inserted.
While your cake is baking away and filling the house with sweet, chocolate and coconut aromas get started on your icing…
In a small saucepan on low heat, melt together the extra virgin coconut oil, diced up pure dark chocolate, you really don’t want to use chocolate with added sugar, preservatives, added ingredients just the pure stuff. Allow your mixture to melt slowly and add in your dairy fee milk, infused coffee and vanilla.
Once your cake is cooled ice your cake, I iced my cake while the icing was a bit warm and it worked out well. And top with shredded coconut, roasted hazelnuts.