If you are a new reader welcome to Nat Attack’s and if you have been reading for awhile and you have been waiting for a new post since the last time I visited Nat Attack’s welcome back.
A lot has changed in my life. As per. I do like to keep things exciting and take opportunities as they come along.
I will not get into every single detail of my life because I have more important things to talk about today, which is good news for us all.
However, to catch you up on the last 6 months…Maybe more…
I am living in Auckland, New Zealand working for lululemon Athletica, which is a dream job of mine. lululemon is a yoga inspired Fitness Company that is heavily based in the community and strives to change the world from mediocre to greatness by creating components for people to live longer, healthier and more fun lives.
I am also meeting new people, living life, practicing lots of yoga, training for a half marathon, eating delicious food, forming awesome relationships and living in the big city of Auckland. Auckland is just like any other big city in the world and I never thought I would actually be living here after coming from such a small city, Christchurch and then Queenstown, in the south island of New Zealand. Living in Auckland takes some work as you really do have to be open to and look out for all the precious delights and treasures in the city because it easy to get lost along the way.
I remember to keep calm and carry on by practicing regular yoga, which include primarily of Bikram and Vinyasa flow, running, eating healthy, taking regular trips out of the city, focusing on work and the community aspects of lululemon, meeting new people, ticking things of my bucket list like diving with great white sharks, working on my short and long term goals, trying out new fitness trends like Ludus Magnus, Sh*Bam and Crossfit to name a few and keeping myself inspired by surrounding myself with people who elevate me.
You must be wondering what my title is all about…Right? Let’s focus on that now shall we.
This is one of my goals. I would like to finish my 2nd Half Marathon on April 28th, 2012 in under 1:55, which would make the Rotarua Half Marathon my Personal Best. It is just a goal. If it does not happen this time it will happen the next time and if not then I know then I know that my time of 1:55 was the best I could do, which is an amazing time and to beat that is just not meant to be.
I also have some deep and meaningful insights with this collection of numbers.
The number one reminds me that it is important to sweat once a day.
It is important to sweat once a day because it keeps your body cool, releases toxin sweat’s naturally good for the skin, softening and smoothing it proof that you’re burning calories. So whether you run your heart out, sit in the sauna, dance like no one is watching or hold your chaturangas a little longer, embrace the moment and enjoy your sweat for the day. I sweat once a d by going to Bikram, or other styles of yoga, going for a big run or going to RPM.
The number five reminds me that I need eat 5 fruit and veggies everyday. Luckily for me this is not hard to achieve at all and I probably eat 3x that amount. My favourite way to fulfill my daily fruit and veggie requirements are:
- A green smoothie (please see below for recipes)
- A big salad with beetroot, goat cheese, avocado.
- Caprese Salad
- My Favourite fruits include: Berries, Pineapple, Mangoes and Watermelon.
- Carrots, Celery and Hummus (just a staple)
For some additional reading on the benefits of getting your daily fruit and veggie requirements I have attached a link from the April 2012 New Fruit and Vegetable Literature review: http://www.5aday.co.nz/5adaywebsite/cms_resources/file/66_ New Fruit and Vegetable Literature Reviews – April 2012.pdf
And four I will give you four things you may not have known about me, inspiring quotes or random facts of information. In case you did not know this fact my friends used to call me Ralph from the Simpsons because I am random and also because I did not really know what else to fill this space with.
- Quote: “That which matters the most should never give way to that which matters the least.”
- If you have not seen the Happy Film, you should. If you are in New Zealand and you have it you should send it my way. Here is a link for the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcMQmuvzPmI
- My all time food moments of 2012 have been baking lemon coconut cream cupcakes for lululemon and dining at the duke in Russell, which is located in the Bay of Islands and I had fresh oysters, kumara bread and Thai coconut mussels with a beautiful glass of New Zealand Pinot Noir. Other top moments have been the BBQ of fresh seafood while diving with sharks in Stewart Island and the Spicy Eggplant Tacos with lots of fresh salsa and guacamole from Mexico in Britomart.
- I need to start eating more local, organic produce. ASAP.
Live Life. Eat Well. Practice Yoga